One of the aspects that we love about capitalism is that it’s all about competition. You have a company, and your end game is to attract customers, make a profit, and grow steadily. But ultimately, winning isn’t about beating someone else, it’s about meeting and exceeding your professional goals.
At Granite Companies, we’ve been in the funds control game for a long time. We’ve partnered with numerous companies and individuals, and there are a few traits that the cream of the crop share.
- You always need a plan for your company. It’s somewhat like a road map, and it’s something worth writing down, revisiting, and changing as necessary.
- Work and day-to-day operations are important, but so is planning for the future. To make sure you don’t get bogged down in minutia, set aside time daily to brainstorm ways to make your company more competitive and relevant.
- Be honest and upfront, especially when it comes to your capabilities. For us, that means we’re totally honest with a borrower about what we can take on. As a result, we’re able to make sure we can deliver in all things before making a commitment.
- Whether they’re happy or unhappy, listen to what your customers have to say. While they may not always have realistic expectations, they’re able to provide you with the perspective of an outsider. Companies that get stuck in a bubble inevitably fail.
- Whoever you’re working with, make it a point to build and nurture relationships with quality people. Working hard is good, but working smart is better.